Last month Ginger were privileged to cater for a new car launch at two dealerships in Hampshire. We provided a selection of sumptuous canapes and soft, sparkling refreshments to the prospective customers interested in the newest, most technologically advanced, motor vehicles coming to market.
Whilst we were there, it got me thinking about how much of a role our senses play in making decisions in life. Quite often we think it’s our heart or our head making the call, but ultimately there are many physical and emotional stages that we each go through before finally take the plunge!
Take purchasing a new car for example……….
- Touch – The polished super shiny body work, the sumptuous, supple leather seats and the latest technically advanced gadgets – all the things that we would touch (and fiddle with!) on a new automobile.
- Hearing – How soft is the engine purring? How loud can the Bluetooth speakers go? Are the indicators silent or do they click-clack?
- Sight – Is the bodywork sleek, sexy and sophisticated, sporty or business-like? How about the colour – stand-out bright illuminous pink or subtle jet black? Alloy wheels or chrome exhaust?
- Smell – The smell of a new car is so utterly, wonderfully distinctive. Enough said.
- Taste – Now here comes the tricky one. OK, so you can’t taste a new car, but there is certainly something satisfying about having the latest, newest model on the road.
When it comes to catering for a function – we look to entice and excite all of the 5 senses to provide an all-encompassing experience. The most obvious of course being taste, the way each mouthful coats the mouth and sets your taste buds tingling…..This in turn sends messages to your brain of pure unadulterated joy!
Sight – We take great care in how we present our food and we think the ‘Ginger’ way is pretty special. We will always take on board the theme of a corporate event, wedding or party and adapt our versatile presentation to your own individual style. We add props and fresh foliage where we can – this ensures that the food becomes part of the entertainment and is a remembered feature of any event.
Smell – This is a biggie! Imagine the waft of freshly baked bread, spicy marinated aromatic lamb shoulder that has been slow cooking for hours or the zesty, zingy citrus fragrance of a lemon meringue pie. I’ll leave you with that thought.
Touch – Soft, flaky cod in a crispy beer batter, fleshy summer fruits and fresh vibrant salads, bouncy breads, wobbly, slippery jellies, or velvety smooth chocolate torte – our fingers are also the vital transport of food from plate to mouth……
And finally ‘hearing’ – Apart from the crunch of our sensational walnut shortbread (topped with whipped goats cheese and a beetroot jelly) and the delightful fun of a mouthful of chocolate popping candy, most of the ‘sound’ of our food comes from the great atmosphere and laughter generated from an event where customers are relaxed, safe in the knowledge that we have everything under control, and that their guests are happy and relaxed too.
We stand by the great quote ‘Laughter is brightest, where food is best’.
If you would like to find out more about the great service that we deliver as Hampshire and New Forest Caterers, we would be delighted to talk to you!